Govt. First Grade College for women is a premier educational institution in Mandya district. It was established in 2007 by the Government of Karnataka. This institution is situated in K.R.Pete town centrally located and well connected to all parts of the town and surrounding villages. The college is affiliated to the University of Mysore and is under the administrative control of Department of Collegiate Education, Government of Karnataka and the financial assistance is provided by the Government of Karnataka. In 2007 college was started with only 13 students and today we have in total 720 young women’s studying here. There are B.A., B.Com., B.B.A. branches along with other facilities like Library, Sports, NSS, Scouts and Guides, Placement Cell, Red Cross, Red Ribbon, Innovative Club, Anti-Ragging Cell , Women Grievance Cell are there to support the students.
- To encourage undergraduate education and provide quality inputs to higher educational institutes.
- To promote value added, need based education.
- To provide quality education and providing the opportunities to face the challenges in the competitive global market.
- To create awareness among the women about their basic human rights.
- To provide leadership among the students enable them to face challenges in the society.
- To become college in the state by imparting value added, need based and responsive education to meet the challenges of Liberalization, Privatization and Globalization, in a taluk head quarter like K.R. Pet.